Textbook of Environmental Chemistry has been designed to provide fundamental knowledge of the principles related to environment and its chemistry so as to meet the challenging requirements of students as well as teachers of Environmental Sciences, Environmental Chemistry and Environmental Studies at graduate, postgraduate, polytechnic, and engineering levels at all Indian Universities. This book is also useful for the students and professors of general science.
The book explores biological resources and their relationship with physical and chemical aspects of the environment. Due emphasis has been given to the regional as well as global environmental problems like water, air, soil and noise pollution, their types and sources, effects on the ecosystem.
• The book deals with principles and chemical reactions that govern the behaviour of water, air and soil environment.
• The book emphasizes on the origin of various pollutants and their control.
• New and current fields of environmental science ¬¬— Green Chemistry, Environmental Biotechnology, Polymers for Environment — have been discussed.
• It covers environmental impact, planning and laws to help readers understand how policies and plans are formulated to protect our environment.
• Environmental pollution abatement engineering and technology has been discussed in-depth.
Preface / Our Environment and Its Chemistry / Fundamental Chemistry for Environment / Earth as a System / Biogeochemical Cycles / Resources / Atmosphere / Atmospheric Chemistry / Air Pollution / Control of Air Pollution / Aquatic Chemistry / Water Pollution / Control of Water Pollution and Water Treatment / Soil Chemistry / Soil Pollution and Its Control / Noise Pollution and Its Control / Environmental Biochemistry / Polymers for Environment / Toxicology and Toxicological Chemistry / Green Chemistry / Conservation of Nature and Environmental Laws / Index.
Students of Environmental Sciences, Environmental Chemistry and
Environmental Studies at graduate, postgraduate, polytechnic, and engineering