Principles of Organic Farmingcomprises several valuable chapters like organic versus inorganic agriculture, organic farmingorganic nutrient resources and their fortification, growth promoting microorganisms, vermicomposting, quality analysis, grading, packaging, biofertilizers, national programme on organic products, certification processes, zero budget natural farming and manymore important topics.
Sustainable agriculture is implemented only when converting our chemical based agricultural system into organic based farming system. The book is framed on organic farming courses of various agricultural universities. It deals with the landmarks in the field of sustainable agriculture and organic farming.
Greenmanuring, soil improvement and amendments, biofertilizers, weed management, bio-pesticides, certification process etc. At the end of each chapter, there is an important question series designed to provoke individual thought and critical examination of their memory to increase the conceptual and analytical view of a particular chapters.
1. Concept and Relevance of Organic Farming
2. Initiatives Taken by Government (Central/State), NGOs and Other Organizations for Promotion of Organic Agriculture
3. Organic Ecosystems and Their Concepts
4. Organic Nutrient Resources and Their Fortification
5. Restrictions to Nutrient Use in Organic Farming
6. Organic Production Requirements
7. Choice of Crops and Varieties in Organic Farming
8. Biological Intensive Nutrient Management: Organic Manures, Vermicomposting, Green Manuring, Recycling of Organic Residues
9. Soil Improvement and Amendments
11. Integrated Diseases and Pest Management: Use of Biocontrol Agents, Biopesticides, Pheromones, Trap Crops, Bird Perches
12. Weed Management
13. Operational Structure of NPOP
14. Quality Considerations, Processing, Labelling, Economic Considerations, Viability and Accreditation Processors
15. Certification Process and Standards of Organic Farming
16. Marketing and Export Potential of Organic
17. Visit of Organic Farms to Study the Various Components and Their Utilization
18. Preparation of Enrich Compost, Vermicompost, Bio-fertilizers / Bio-inoculants and Their Quality Analysis
19. Indigenous Technology Knowledge (ITK) for Nutrient, Insect, Pest Disease and Weed Management
20. Raising of Vegetable Crops Organically Through Nutrient, Diseases and Pest Management
21. Macro Quality Analysis, Grading, Packaging, and Post-harvest Management
22. Cost of Organic Production System
23. Role of Nutrients in the Management of Crop Diseases Through Biopesticides
24. Zero Budget Natural Farming: Where Healthy Soil Makes Healthy Crop—An Eco-friendly Approach to Manage Insect Pests and Diseases
25. Agro-Nanotechnology: An Eco-friendly Approach in the Management of Plant Disease and Mycotoxins
26. Management of Fungal Diseases of Crops Through Plant-Based Natural Products
27. Scope of Botanical Pesticides in Storage Insect Pests Management
28. Microbial Control of Storage Insect Pests
Dr. L. P. Awasthi :- formerly Dean, School of Agriculture, R.N.B Global University, Bikaner, Rajasthan, Research Scientist, Amity University and Head, Department of Plant Pathology at N.D. University of Agriculture and Technology, Faizabad, A distinguished Agriculture Scientist/professor, he has extensive teaching and research experience in related disciplines. He has written dozens of books and published many research papers in foreign and Indian journals of repute.Dr. Siddhartha Das :- is currently serving at the Institute of Plant Sciences, Department of Ornamental Plants and Agricultural Biotechnology, Israel. Earlier he was associated with Bidhan Chandra Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Visva Bharati. He has done extensive research in related subjects, participated in several national international symposiums and published research papers in international journals.Sudeepta Pattanayak :- earlier assistant professor at Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha is currently pursuing her Doctoral research work at Indian Agricultural Research Institute New Delhi. She has published research papers, reviews and book chapters in various national and international Journals.
Discount : 20.00 %