Fundamentals of Business Communication serves as a comprehensive, up-to-date introduction to modern business communication that integrates communication theory and practice for success in business.
Unit 1 covers the fundamentals of the communication, including meaning and definitions, classification, components and process, objectives, medium, directions, channels, functions and types, and scope.
Unit 2 covers the major aspects of verbal, both oral and written. Listening, business presentations, group communication skills, meetings, business etiquettes, conflict resolution have been discussed in this section.
Unit 3 presents a thorough discussion of the various forms of business writing. Here the emphasis is on clear writing, the effect of words, and applications to messages. This section also concentrates on all business letters, reports, proposals, and modern technological aids for communication.
Unit 4 discusses the written part of the job application, i.e., the application letter and accompanying resume, and elaborates how to create a favourable impression once you arrive for the group discussion and interview.
Unit 5 focuses on the English grammar, comprising vocabulary development, parts of speech, syntax, concord, prepositions, articles, prefixes and suffixes mandatory for successful business writing. This division also explains the basic resources like, sentence end and internal punctuation, rules of order and spacing with punctuation marks, capitalization, etc.
Review questions for practice at the end of every chapter make the text completely learner-centric.
The book also has six appendices. The entire material included in the book is class-tested based on practical and empirical problems of the students.
• Comprehensive coverage of real-world business concepts in simple and easy to understand language.
• Dynamics of the communication environment including business communication, interpersonal and group communication, non-verbal, written and employment communication explained in detail with presentation techniques.
• Text is learner-centric, six appendices and objectives laid out as further supplement to text along with the review questions for practice.
• Understanding of business environment with apt problem-solving skills, grammar, punctuations and mechanics for business writing.
Unit 1: Understanding Business Communication
1. AN Introduction to Communication
2. Directions of Communication
3. Media of Communication
4. Organizational Communication
5. Barriers to Communication
6. Principles of Effective Communication
Unit 2: Interpersonal and Group Communication Skills
7. Listening Skills
8. Oral Presentations
9. Team Presentations
10. Communication with People from Different Cultures
Unit 3: Written Communication Skills
11. Business Meetings
12. The Process of Writing
13. Problem Solving Skills
14. Business Correspondence
15. Business Reports
16. Business Proposals
17. Modern Communication Devices
Unit 4: Employment Communication
18. Resume and Job Application Letter
19. Interview Skills
Unit 5: Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage
20. Language-Basic Tool for Business Communication
21. Language-Basic Tool for Business Communication
22. Grammar: Parts of Speech
23. Aids to Correct Writing: Tenses, Auxiliaries and Modals, Conditionals,Infinitives, Gerunds and Participles,Active and Passive Voice, Subject-Verb Agreement, Prefixes and Suffixes
24. Developing Effective Sentences
25. Developing Unified, Orderly Paragraphs
26. Punctuation and Mechanics of Business Writing
1. Guidelines for Typing Business Letters
2. Foreign Words and Phrases Used in Business Communication
3. Idiomatic Expressions with Prepositions
4. List of Confusables
5. List of Misspelled words
6. Distinction between Similar Expressions
Kumkum Bhardwaj :- Kumkum Bhardwaj, Ph.D., MBA, MA (English, Sociology), is Professor and Head, Department of English & Foreign Languages at SRM University, NCR Campus, Modi Nagar, Ghaziabad, U.P. She has been teaching English communication courses & phonetics for the past twenty-seven years to postgraduate students and professionals. She has published several research papers in leading journals and has shared her valuable thoughts in various national and international workshops, conferences, seminars, etc. Her research interests are in the domain of communication, literature, and values and ethics. She has also authored a book entitled ';Professional Communication'.
Discount : 20.00 %
Price : 10.00 8.00