|Dimension||:||18 x 24|
Buy online using : Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking
The special feature of the book is its adornments with illustrative examples drawing on data from Indian macroeconomy to help students relate the stark theory to the real-world situations. This is all the more important because macroeconomics in today's environment has become difficult and complicated for most undergraduate students.
The book contains a number of mathematical derivations and conclusions. As such, the students are expected to have a grasp on the basic mathematical techniques even though they are supported by ample graphical illustrations.
Another important feature of the book is the inclusion of ';business cycles' which, in most cases, originate in the form of ';shocks' of some kind or other, thus posing challenges to macroeconomic management. The book has dealt with, atleast, one such shock in the form of COVID-19 pandemic with its fallout on the world economy.
It may be mentioned here that by the time the book was going to the ';print', another ';shock' of greater magnitude was brewing in the shape of Russia-Ukraine war, threatening to lead to World War-III. However, this macroeconomic shock could not be taken up at its premature stage.
1. National Income Analysis
2. Classical Macroeconomics
3. Keynesian Macroeconomics
4. Modern Macroeconomic Framework: The IS-LM System
5. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply: A New Model
6. Theory of Demand for Money: Post-Keynesian Developments—Baumol, Tobin and Friedman
7. The Supply of Money andthe Banking System
8. Modern Macroeconomic Policy: Fiscal Policy
9. Modern Macroeconomic Policy: Monetary Policy
10. New Classical Macroeconomics/Supply Side Economics
12. Macro-theories of Consumption/Savings
13. Macroeconomics and Open Economy
14. The Global Recession 2008
15. Theories of Growth and Development: MacroeconomicEquilibrium in the Long run
L.N. Dutta :- is a retired professor of Economics of Ranchi University. He has the teaching experience of over 35 years in the postgraduate department of Ranchi University. Besides, Dr. Dutta, has to his credit, a number of research papers which have been published in reputed journals. Also, he has the experience of guiding more than a dozen research scholars leading to their PhD degrees.
Dr. Dutta has special interest in areas such as macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics and international economics.