The present volume is a contribution to the Literature in the disciplines of Commerce and Management. It covers a wide spectrum of issues from Governance to Ethics. What contributes to the survival of a business is its sincerity to the people of the Society. Keeping this as the core of the discussion, the Book covers the topics including Governance Practices in India and abroad, the Role of Board of Directors, Independent Directors, Audit Committee and Auditors. The Book also contains the discussion on the Role of SEBI, Stock Exchanges and the Government of India. An analysis on the provisions incorporated in the New Companies Act, 2013 is unique. Another major part of discussion in the Book pertains to the precept and practice of ';Corporate Social Responsibility'. Presentation of Live Cases drawn from the contemporary developments is the yet another highlight of the Book. Against this background, it is expected that his present volume would arise a great amount of interest and discussion among the Faculty and Students of the Business Schools.
1. Ethics: Concept and Sources
3. Business Ethics
4. Functional Areas of Business and Ethics
5. Corporate Governance Abroad
6. Corporate Governance in India-An Overview
7. SEBI's First Committee on Corporate Governance[Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla Committee]
8. SEBI's Second Committee on Corporate Governance[Shri NR Narayana Murthy Committee]
9. CII's Task Force on Corporate Governances[Naresh Chandra Committee]
10. Clause-49 of Listing Agreement of BSE
11. Role of Board of Directors
12. Role of Independent Directors
13. Role of Audit Committee
14. Role of Auditor under the Companies Act, 2013
15. Role of Securities and Exchange Board of India [SEBI]
16. Corporate Governance Rating Methodologies
17. Reporting Practices of Companies on Corporate Governance- Survey of Annual Reports
18. Corporate Social Responsibility - Meaning and Scopes
19. Corporate Social Responsibility in Today's Business Context
20. Towards an Ethical and Sustainable Organisation
Case Study-1 The Case of ';Santhara' - Is it Salvation or Suicide?
Case Study-2 Dadri Incident: It is an Outrage against Freedom of Food?
Case Study-3 Rigging of Diesel Emission Tests by Volkswagen-A Breach of Trust
Case Study-4 Payment of Bribes by Walmart in India
Case Study-5 Coca Cola and the Water Exploitation - Is the Company Drinking the World Dry?
Case Study-6 Corporate Lobbying - Is it Ethical or Unethical?
Case Study-7 Clinical Trials by Pharmaceutical Companies - Are Human beings used as Guineapigs?
Case Study-8 Labour Trouble at Maruti Suzuki's Car Plant in India: Who is at Fault?
Case Study-9 The Deposits Issue of Sahara - Can it be termed contagious to the Indian Financial System?
Case Study-10 The Gas Dispute between ONGC and Reliance - Is it a Case of Theft?
K Viyyanna Rao :- is the Former Vice-Chancellor of Acharya Nagarjuna University. He served as the Faculty in the Department of Commerce and Business Administration for over three and half decades. Has wide teaching and research experience. Authored 20 Books in the areas of Management, Finance and Educational Administration. Prolific writer, having published about 160 research papers in various reputed peer reviewed national and international Journals, having impact factor. Recipient of Best Teacher Award from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and several other meritorious awards from Government and Non-Government Organizations including the Best Researcher and Best Research Paper Awards from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Acharya Nagarjuna University. Has been the Visiting Fellow of University Grants Commission. Resource Person and Peer Team Member of NAAC, Bangalore.G Naga Raju :- is presently UGC-Post Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Commerce and Business Administration, Acharya Nagarjuna University. He received his M.Com degree from Nagarjuna University and was awarded Ph.D. degree in the Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies by Acharya Nagarjuna University in 2012. He has authored 1 Book and contributed chapters to seven books. He got qualified in the A.P. State Eligibility Test (APSET) in the subjects of Commerce and Management during 2012 and 2013 respectively. He has published 9 research papers in the national and international Journals of repute. He attended several National and International Seminars/Conferences and submitted more than 25 research papers.
Discount : 20.00 %