Buy online using : Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking
This new, fifth edition of an extremely popular textbook continues in its tradition of presenting design procedures using a simple language, neat sketches and abundant solved problems. This book is aimed at training the students in using IS:800-2007 for designing steel structures using the limit state method. The author has explained the provisions of code in a simple language and illustrated the design procedure with a large number of worked out problems.
What is new in this edition?
• Two new chapters, Plastic Analysis of Beams and Frames, and Design of Beam Columns
• Limit state method and working stress method compared by the aid of solving the same problems using both methods
• Additional solved problems and rewriting of text throughout the text, to make the treatment more lucid
• Around 100 full-length numerical problems, with detailed worked out solutions. Comprehensive chapter-end exercises for practice by students.
• Every chapter contains the relevant design principles and the design procedures at appropriate depth. All the scenarios and cases have been highlighted appropriately.
• Well-laid out labelled line diagrams for every conceivable topic of discussion or numerical problem.
• Relevant tables related to tensile and compressive stresses; load limits, deflection limits and factors of safety; and properties of standard steel sections are given in SI units.
2. Principles of Limit State Design
3. Bolted Connections
4. Welded Connections
5. Design of Tension Members
6. Design of Compression Members
7. Design of Beams
8. Design of Bolted Beam Connections
9. Design of Welded Beam Connections
10. Design of Plate Girders
11. Design of Gantry Girders
12. Design of Roof Trusses
13. Plastic Analysis of Beams and Frames
14. Design of Beam Columns
S.S Bhavikatti :- Dr. S.S. Bhavikatti studied at BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli for his BE (Civil) degree and graduated from Karnataka University, Dharwad in 1963 sharing first rank with another candidate. The same year he joined Karnataka Regional of Engineering College (presently NITK) Surathkal, as a teacher. He secured M.E. degree in Structural Engineering in 1967 from University of Roorkee, Roorkee (presently IIT Roorkee) under Technical Teachers Training Programme and Ph.D. degree in 1977 from IIT Delhi under Quality Improvement Programme. He served NITK in different capacities like Head of Civil Engineering Department, Chairman, Centre for Continuing Education, Chairman Central Computer Centre and Dean (Administration). From November 2001 to November 2005, he served at SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad. He then served RYMEC, Bellary as Principal upto September 2007. Presently he is working as Emeritus Professor at BVB College of Engineering and Technology. He has published 61 technical papers and 28 books. He has guided 68 students for M.Tech dissertation and 5 students for Ph.D. He was member of organizing scientific committee of international seminars organized by IASS held at Taegue (South Korea) in 1990, Tokyo (Japan) in 1993 and Taipei (Taiwan) in 1997. He is member of several Indian and International professional bodies and several technical committees appointed by Government of Karnataka.
Discount : 20.00 %
Price : 31.00 24.80
Discount : 20.00 %