Reliability Analysis and Design for Civil Engineers is designed for beginners to understand the concepts in reliability engineering. The chapters are well planned beginning with probability and statistics. Application of probability concepts to assess the uncertainties in engineering is presented by different methods, at component level and system level. Design of structures for a specified target reliability to ensure safety and economy is presented.
• Integrates the uncertainties in geometry, strength, loads and its consequences by reliability theory ensuring safety of a structure.
• Sufficient number of solved problems.
• A large number of examples explaining the concepts.
• Chapters on reliability analysis and design.
1. Statistics and Probability
2. Random Variables
3. Functions of Random Variables
4. First Order Second Moment Method
5. Point Estimate Method
6. Reliability Analysis by Taylor Series
7. Reliability Analysis by Hasofer-Lind Method
8. Monte Carlo Simulation
9. System Reliability of Structures
10. Load Resistance Factor Design
Devaraj V :- Devaraj V earned B.E. (1978 UVCE) from Bangalore University, M.E. (Civil, 1980) from Indian Institute of Science (I.I.Sc), Bengaluru, and PhD (2000) from Bangalore University. He is a member of professional bodies, namely, ISTE, ISET and Geo-Risk. He has 36 years of experience in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He has guided 130 postgraduate and 4 PhD students, and currently guiding 12 postgraduate and 5 PhD students. His areas of interest are Structural Reliability, Fuzzy, Structural Dynamics, and Earthquake Engineering. Ravindra R :- Ravindra R completed his B.E in Civil Engineering (1982), M.E (Structural Engg, 1984) and PhD (2010) from Bangalore University. He has been teaching students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, at R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru since last 31 years. Currently, he is guiding 5 PhD students. His areas of interest are development of sustainable technology for recycling and reuse of constructional demolition wastes, Alternative Building Materials & Technology and Reliability Engineering. He has received a patent for developing, natural plasticizer in cement concrete. He has published a number of papers in national and international journals. He has also presented number of papers in national and international conferences. He is a member of several professional bodies.