This book will help students to learn C programming language, and at the same time, it will allow the students to learn how to build one's own programming language, a minimal LISP in fewer than 1000 lines of code. The concepts of the C programming language are used in almost all engineering disciplines and, therefore, this textbook is essential for all students to grasp the basics of the language. This will be an indispensable textbook not only for the students of Computer Science, but will also be useful to students in other engineering disciplines.
• Provides all the important standard and precise definitions
• Contains numerous solved examples to help students to grasp the basics
• Provides hints and explanations for every problem for better understanding
• Helps build one's own minimal LISP in fewer than 1000 lines of code
• Familiarizes the students with imperative programming as another way of implementing programs
• Reinforces the principle of abstraction to encourage students to look for more abstract solutions.
1. Basics of Computer
2. Number System
3. Basics of Programming
4. Character Set, Token, Operators and Expression
5. Control Flow Statements
6. Functions and Their Uses
8. Pointers and Their Uses
9. Structure and Union
10. File Management
Subjective Questions and Their Solutions
Satya Prakash Yadav :- is Assistant Professor, Information Technology Department, ABES Institute of Technology (ABESIT), Ghaziabad (India). He has submitted his PhD thesis, entitled "Fusion of Medical Images in Wavelet Domain", to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) (formerly UPTU). A seasoned academician having more than 12 years of experience, he has published a book Programming in C++ under I.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd. He has undergone industrial training programs during which he was involved in live projects with companies in the areas of SAP, railway traffic management systems, and visual vehicles counter and classification (used in the Metro rail network design). He is an alumnus of Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), Delhi University. A prolific writer, Satya Prakash Yadav has published two patents and authored many research papers in web of science indexed journals. Additionally, he has presented research papers at many conferences in the areas of Image Processing and Programming, such as C, Data Structure, C++, C# and Java. He is also the lead editor in CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group Publisher (USA), Science Publishing Group, (USA) and Eureka Journals, Pune (India).