|Dimension||:||18 x 24|
Buy online using : Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking
The purpose of this book is to present a thorough treatment of Fundamental of Power Plant Engineering (Conventional and Non-Conventional/Renewal) from working, design, applications, operations control and maintenance point of view. This book covers the syllabus of all universities and abroad. The book is also highly suitable for all competitive examinations like civil services, engineering services and PSUs of central and state governments.
1. Introduction - Energy and its Various Aspects
2. Variable Load Problem and Power Plant Economics
3. Steam power plant cycles
4. Fuels and Combustion in Steam Power Plant
5. Combustion Equipment and Fuel Handling Systems for Steam Power Plant
6. Steam Generators, Ash Handling Systems and Feed Water Treatment
7. Steam Turbines
8. Auxiliary Systems, Construction, Operation and Maintenance of Steam Turbines
9. Condensers and cooling Towers
10. Power Plant
11. Hydroelectric Power Plant
12. Diesel Engine Power plants
13. Turbines Power Plant
14. Combined, Co-generation and Mixed Cycle Power Plants
15. Energy Storage
16. Major Electrical Equipment in Power Plants
17. Air Pollution Caused by Power Generation and its Control
18. Non-conventional/Renewable Energy Resources Power Plants
R. Yadav :- (Ramashish Yadav) graduated from Mechanical Engineering from Bhagalpur University in 1965, received master degree from Roorkee University (now IITR), and PhD from IIT Delhi in 1977. He served BIT Sindri Dhanbad for about six months as Assistant Professor (Lecturer) and then joined M.N.R. Engineering (now MNNIT) Allahabad in 1969. There he served as Lecturer, Reader, Professor Dean (Administration) and Professor & Head of Mechanical Engineering Department. He was visiting Assistant Professor in Libya during 1980 to 1983. He served RIT (now NIT) Jamshedpur as Principal for about two years. He served as Emeritus Professor of Mechanical Engg. at MNNIT Allahabad for three years. He served as Dean, CET, SHIATS, Naini, Allahabad for about four years and Director General at MIT Moradabad for five years.
He supervised four Ph.D. theses and about thirty-five M.E. theses and authored six books on Thermal Engg. About forty research papers in international and national journals and conferences are to his credit. He attended many international and national conferences and organised for national level conferences. He acted as reviewer in some international and national journals. He is a fellow (life member) of Institution of Engineers (India) and life member of ISTF. His current fields of research are Turbomachinery, Combined Cycle Power Plant, and Energy Converting Systems. Rajay :- (B. Tech. (IT BHU, now IIT BHU)) is Manager, B.H.E.L., Haridwar. Sanjay :- (BE, ME, Ph.D) is Professor of Mechanical Engineering, N.I.T., Jamshedpur.