The students and professionals in the field of Food and Nutrition require a lot of knowledge about the clinical or therapeutic nutrition. This book serves the purpose of providing the knowledge with the latest updates in the area of nutrition and health. The book provides in-depth knowledge about the nutritional management of the various disorders. It is a complete collection of all the disorders which can be managed with nutrition. This book will help the readers to understand the nutritional needs of the patients and plan the diets scientifically.
• Nutritional management of all the metabolic disorders with updation and inclusion of recent research.
• Enlightens the readers about the nutrition in endocrine disorders, all types of cancers, febrile disorders, arthritis, osteoporosis. All types of heart diseases with specific diets, diabetes mellitus and the types of insulin used with nutrition, etc.
• All the aspect of role of nutrition in all the disorders that can be cured / managed.
• Diets prescribed in various types of gastrointestinal surgeries such as bariatric surgery or gastric bypass.
1. Classification of Diets and Nutritional Assessment Tools
3. Cardiovascular Disorders
4. Diabetes Mellitus
5. Gastrointestinal Disorders and Gastrointestinal Surgeries
A. Dietary Management in Gastrointestinal Disorders
B. Dietary Management in Gastrointestinal Surgeries
6. Renal Disorders
7. Liver Disorders
8. Inborn Errors of Metabolism
9. Hormonal Disorders
11. Nutrition in Bone and Joint Disorders
12. Nutrition in Febrile Conditions
Luxita Sharma :- is Associate Professor and Head of Department, Dietetics and Applied Nutrition, Amity University, Haryana, India. She has 15 plus experience as researcher and an academician. She is PhD in food and nutrition. She has received International Award in the category of Contribution to Education Community by Asian Education Award. She has also been conferred upon National Nutrition Health Education Award and Society Development award by Nutrition and Natural Health Science Association. She is also recipient of Excellence in Outstanding Accomplishments Award by IAPEN. She has filed nine patents and four patents published with seventy-five research papers in national and international journals. She has published ten books with national and international publishers.