Engineering chemistry aims at imparting intensive and extensive knowledge of the subjects, so that readers can understand the role of chemistry in the field of engineering. This book has been written keeping in the mind the requirement of engineering students i.e. every aspect of a topic has been dealt keeping its concern in engineering science. This text book contains 9 chapters covering various disciplines of engineering chemistry and deals with various branches of chemistry such as physical, Inorganic, Organic and analytical. Other topics covered include electrode potential and cells, batteries and fuel cells, corrosion and its control, Chemical Fuel & Photovoltaic Cells, Water and its treatment, Nanomaterial etc.
• Topics explained and supported by examples.
• Simple, systematic and logical development of the subject with emphasis on the underlying fundamental concepts, principles and applications.
• Comprehensive question bank at the end of each chapter containing: Objective type questions (Classified into multiple - choice questions and fill in the blanks); Reviews Questions; Exercise Questions
• Large number of examples (in the body of the text as well as in solved
examples) provides manifold opportunities to understand the topics.
• Incorporates thought stimulating exercises, latest examination questions and numerical problems.
• Safety concerns and precautions.
Module - I
2.Battery Technology and Fuel cells
Module - II
Module - V
Garg Savita :- (PhD, B.Ed, MSc (Inorganic Chemistry), MSc (Physical Chemistry)) was Associate Professor and Former Head, Department of Chemistry at Gopalan College of Engineering College and Management Bangalore. She obtained Doctoral degree in chemistry from Gurukul Kangri University Haridwar (U.A.) in the year 2008. Her field of interest is "Chemical Kinetics" & has published numerous papers in national and international Journal, with an equal number of papers in various conferences. She has guided many research projects both of fundamental and industrial nature. She has more than 15 years of experience in teaching and research at various degree and engineering college. She taught B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Sc, and preparation of various engineering entrance examination level course there.