Buy online using : Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking
This book covers the latest syllabus of CBCS pattern of Delhi and other universities for both B.Sc. Programme and Honours courses. A large number of Physical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Nanoscience, Polymer Chemistry and Analytical Chemistry experiments have been covered using interdisciplinary and innovative methods. The contents include some fundamental chemical concepts, measurement of surface tension and viscosity, colorimetry, determination of order of a reaction, hetrogeneous equilibria, adsorption on solid surfaces, thermochemical measurements, conductometric and potentiometric measurements, pH metry, environmental parameter analysis, etc. Wherever possible, two or more methods are given. So the teachers and students will have a choice to make depending on the availability of chemicals, apparatus, instruments, time, etc. This book will give them the opportunity to relate theory and practicals for a better understanding of the subject.
• Interdisciplinary and innovative methods.
• For undergraduate students of science, engineering and environmental sciences.
• Useful experiments, beyond the syllabus, are also given under 'Miscellaneous Experiments'.
• Wherever possible, two or more methods are given.
• Brief account of the principles required for each experiment is provided.
2. Surface Tension Measurement
3. Viscosity Measurement
4. pH Measurement
5. Thermochemical Measurement
6. Heterogeneous Equilibria
7. Potentiometric Measurement
8. Conductometric Measurement
9. Chemical Kinetics
10. Colorimetric and Spectrophotometric Measurements
11. Adsorption and Distribution Measurements
12. Environmental Parameter Measurement
13. Miscellaneous Experiments
14. Programming with Basic Language
Amirtha Anand :- Amirtha Anand is Associate Professor of Chemistry in Maitreyi College, University of Delhi. She completed her PhD, degree from the University of Madras. She has 34 years of experience in teaching undergraduate students of Honours and General courses. She has published three books and many papers in both national and international journals of high repute. She has been conferred with the Best Teacher Award by the Government of Delhi in 2012. Currently, she is associated with CIET, NCERT for developing the e-contents for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) in Chemistry. Ramesh Kumari :- Ramesh Kumari did her graduation in Chemistry (Honours) from University of Delhi (1987), Master's in Chemistry (M.Sc.) from IIT Delhi (1989) & PhD in Physical Chemistry from IIT Delhi in 1994. She is Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Maitreyi College, University of Delhi. She has over 24 years of experience in teaching undergraduate courses at University of Delhi. She has also been the Deputy Coordinator for PG Diploma in Nanotechnology under the innovative programme of the UGC and Academic Coordinator for Undergraduate Programmes of IGNOU at Maitreyi College. She has authored 2 books for undergraduate courses and has been the content writer for study modules for e-PG Pathshala.
Price : 121.00
Price : 14.00